What's today?

3/14/2010

South Korea runs for the 5G technology prize.

No surprise, nowadays saying "Asians" is to say top technology. Japanese devices are of great quality, Chinese devices are.... well, not that great... buuut they've been improving through the last years. Now it's the time for Korea to shine again, working on the future 5G technology (man, yesterday they talked about 4G, now they're planning on the 5G, and I'm still trying to get me a 3G phone).

As you may know well, Samsung and LG plan on becoming heavyweight champions in mobile communications (I guess they plan on becoming even heavier). Now, listen up. This country's idea is to invest around 60 million won (which is to say around 58.449.293 USD) in the next years for 5G technology development.

What could we expect from 5G? I don’t want to go sci-fi but I feel pushed to do so, because everything I can think of is already featured in a phone. It will certainly bring us amazing stuff, but probably only improved services. The day phones (and basically any computer) are able to deliver coffee by transferring material via internet, that day ladies and gentlemen I will be ready to rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment